Netgear Ex2700 or N300 is considered as the best wi-fi device for extending the range of the network. You can even read Netgear n300 wifi range extender review on the different article posting websites. This device has been proven best by the technical experts who have performed various networking test on it.
However, if you have already configured the Ex2700 and find the problem in connecting it to the router, then go through the steps to fix the problem on your own.
Check the links
- The basic troubleshooting step for solving the major problems is checking and verifying the links.
- Login to the interface and follow the instructions mentioned on the page to see the possible causes of error.
- Open the web program and enter 192.168.2.1 in the address bar. After entering the address, press ‘Confirm’.
- Enter the login details and press ‘Continue’.
Reset Netgear Ex2700
- To reset the Netgear range extender, connect the device to the power outlet first and then disconnect it after a short while.
- Press the ‘Reset’ button from the back of the device with the help of a paper clip or sharp tip pen.
- Hold the reset button for 20 seconds and release it.
- In order to configure the Ex2700, plug in the extender to the power outlet and bring the extender close to the router.
- Launch the web browser and enter the setup address to start with the process i: e, Mywifiext.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the setup process on the web-based extender console.
New account creation
- After performing the factory reset function, you need to create a new account by entering the necessary details like the username and email address.
- The extender will now search for available Wi-Fi networks.
- You can connect to the network SSID which belongs to your router.
- Enter the passkey for the same.
- Select the SSID again and reconnect to the network.
- Press ‘Yes’ to complete the setup.
If you come across any problem apart from the above mentioned one, then you can contact the extender experts available 24/7.