Survival items are basic in function and are designed to make your life in a survival situation a little easier and a little less stressful. Here are some tips in deciding what survival gear you should get.
1. Select items that you will need, not items that you would like to have. Here you will need to exercise a little judgment and a little self-control, like do you really need an 8-person tent for just yourself or your small group of friends. You can also buy items from the best survival gear store online at https://planetsurvivalkits.com/.
2. Obtain at least 3 survival gear checklists, go through the lists. First, identify those items that are mentioned on all of the gear lists. This will help identify the survival gear items that you really need. By going through the lists and identifying items that will help meet you and your family's personal needs.
3. As a double check, participate in one or more of the survival blog websites for a while and see what others are recommending in terms of survival gear, the pluses, and the shortcomings.
4. Quality is more important than price in selecting survival supplies! In the middle of a disaster or crisis, you won't be able to run to the store to find a replacement for an item that breaks or doesn't work.
5. If you consider a particular piece absolutely "critical" to you and your family's survival, it would be wise to purchase at least two of them.