A Human Resources Executive as a part of top management must determine what policies, programs, practices, and approaches will contribute most to the realization of the organization's objectives. This means that in his new role he must be responsible for initiating and implementing-at all levels of management-the most effective utilization of the human assets. You can also visit https://simplyhrinc.com/ to get the best human resource consulting online.
Image Source: Google
The primary function of the human resources position is to make a major contribution to the development and realization of the organization's short-term and long-range objectives while enabling each employee to develop to the fullest extent of his potential.
With these thoughts in mind, the position of the vice-president-human resources might be defined in this way. He reports to the president. His broad function is to formulate, recommend, and implement policies, procedures, and plans to assure the most effective planning, recruitment, selection, utilization, motivation, development, and compensation of the organization's human resources.
The principal responsibilities of the human resources executive are these:
• Formulate and recommend human resource objectives for inclusion in the organization's overall objectives.
• Identify the potential contribution of good human resource management to organizational objectives.
• Identify management problems that can be resolved and opportunities that can be realized through improved effectiveness in human resource management.
• Formulate, recommend, and implement employee relations policies designed to improve individual productivity, job satisfaction, and profitability.
• Make managers aware of their full responsibilities in the management of the human resources entrusted to them.