Forensic technology has become a broad field of investigation. It is the scientific evidence used in criminal cases. Physical evidence consists of a scientific collection and analysis. There are many new aspects of forensic multimedia software that helps to geared evidence or establish facts to be used in a civil or criminal process.
Criminals and terrorists have the opportunity to use a variety of electronic devices in their crimes.
As crime with digital components continues to increase, law enforcement must have the tools to fight this crime. Digital forensics software can recover data from computers that have been reformatted or repartitioned.
Other software programs that apply:
- A program capable of wiping the hard drive clean
- The type of spy software can find a hidden partition, plus, rapidly process large hard drive, and more.
- Images can compress into a "flat" image of a floppy disk for analysis
- A "partition manager" that examines all partitions on the hard drive and can switch them around or even hide them
- A new program to protect information write blocker computer more effective than past programs
- The equipment is designed to perform a comparison of photography, content analysis, photogrammetry (use photos to make measurements) and to authenticate images.
Through various techniques, mega data, pixel aspect ratio, and errors are used to extract information from videos, photos, and animations. It is effective even when an individual has attempted to jam-proof.